2014 7S5 Pilot Memorial Event, Memorial Day, Monday, May
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
and purpose of meeting. Danny Jaffer, Chair, thanked attendees, led introductions
and discussed purpose of meeting. Those in attendance were Danny Jaffer, chair;
Margaret Cleveland, recorder; Ken Hardwick, ISAS; Kathleen Disney; Kelly Cape,
AMVETS; Marcia Noell, PCOPA; Al Cleveland, EAA; Andy and Connie Andersen, OFF;
Paul Gilman, CAP; Robb Magi, CAP, John Wilson, ODA.
Program Who and When:
- Participation in Flag Ceremony: AMVETS
will raise and lower the flags to half staff with the help of Boy Scouts
on the beacon tower flag pole.
- Welcome by ODA will be given by Paul
- Invocation will be given by Rev. Michael
Parks, First Baptist Church.
- Tribute to Pilots will be given by
- Placing of Pilot Memorial Wreath will be
done by CAP cadets, provided by 99’s.
- Presentation of Flags and Memorials:
Kurt Schrader’s office will provide memorial flags. Danny Jaffer will act
as master of ceremony. Paul Gilman will present the flags with the
assistance of CAP cadets. Danny Jaffer will mention Erik Kesterson’s
memorial flag pole outside EAA hangar.
- Missing Man Formation: Al Cleveland will
contact the appropriate pilot group.
- Recognition of veterans present: Steve
Springer will provide musical tribute for each branch of service.
- TAPS: Dannielle Ritacco will perform.
3. Additional Discussion:
- Permission has been requested from ODA
to use 7S5 for 21st Annual Pilot Memorial Event on Memorial
Day, May 26, 2014, and use of beacon tower for Flag Ceremony: John Wilson
is working with Danny Jaffer and Matthew Maas, ODA, to complete the
- Fly-Over of F-15s by OANG at PDX: Danny
Jaffer is working with John Wilson. This will depend on budget within
OANG. CAP Cadets will raise MIA flag at restaurant at 8:00 a.m.
- Nutsch Aviation will provide the scissor
lift for a temporary tower. Patty Viall will act as ATC.
- In the event war bird aircraft are
brought in, they will be assigned parking as appropriate. Andy Andersen
will notify Al Cleveland in advance to plan parking.
- Al Cleveland will coordinate static
display of aircraft on ramp.
- Lynn McDonald will coordinate fly-by of
- Community Picnic Lunch 11:30 am to 1 pm
by PCOPA, coordinated by Henson Bartle. OPA to help move chairs, cleaning
- It is unknown at this time if the US
Coast Guard static display and Rescue Demonstration will take place.
- Neil Haugen is locating suitable photos
for a “Photo Gallery of Planes” display.
- Open House Displays will happen in EAA
Ch. 292 and Nutsch Aviation Hangars.
- Margaret Cleveland will follow up with
Marquis Spa for use of their Parking lot on Memorial Day.
- Shuttle buses to airport from Marquis
Spa parking lot will be done by Nutsch Aviation and 1st Baptist Church
(with driver to be identified).
- Farnstrom Mortuary will print Program
and Posters. Danny Jaffer will write comments and Margaret Cleveland will
- Danny Jaffer to write news releases by
- Al Cleveland will coordinate volunteers
to put up barricade along ditch, print signs for event and direction signs
for parking. EAA Ch 292 has provided volunteers and signs in past.
- CAP Cadets will help park Aircraft and
man the post at entrance to Airport Rd to control limited vehicle traffic
to restaurant parking, Disabled and VIP parking.
- Steve Springer to lead singing National
Anthem, provide the PA system, and provide tape of Military music.
- FBO, Marici & Robin Reid, will
provide use of restrooms and handicap Port-a-Potty.
- Brandt’s Sanitation will provide trash
- EAA292 has approved use of EAA Ch 292
hangar for Memorial Ceremony in case of rain. Frank Noell, EAA hangar
- Danny Jaffer will contact Emergency
Services for presence on field.
- Al Cleveland will contact RC pilots to
possibly display RC war bird aircraft as additional visual displays of
types of planes flown by military pilots.
Committee meetings. Room is reserved for March 19, 7:00 p.m.