Meeting was called to order by Danny Jaffer. Minutes of the April meeting were accepted as presented. In attendance were the following: Danny Jaffer, chair; Andy and Connie Anderson, Flying Farmers; John Wilson, ODA; Paul Gilman, CAP; Al and Margaret Cleveland EAA 292; Kelly Cape, AmVets 1776; Marcia Noelle. 99’s; Barbe Park, 99’s; Brian McGlynn, EAA 292.
Program: A copy of the program was distributed for review. Mark Matthews’ name is misspelled and will be corrected. All 20 pilots to be recognized are listed in the program.
Due to budget constraints, the National Guard and Coast Guard will not be able to provide a presence. John Wilson will call to confirm the F-15 fly-over. It is thought at this time that the F-15s will not be able to participate unless they use the flight as a training mission. In lieu of the F-15s, there may be additional fly-by of local pilots.
1. AMVETS will lower the US flag to half staff and raise it for the national anthem. Steve Springer will provide music for the national anthem.
2. The pledge of allegiance will be led by the CAP Cadets and Boy Scouts.
3. Invocation will be led by Rev. Michael Parks
4. Paul Hudgens will present the Tribute to Pilots
5. Sen. Jackie Winters will provide the welcome barring any legislative responsibilities.
6. The CAP Cadets will place the Pilot Memorial Wreath provided by the Oregon Pines Chapter of the 99’s.
7. Congressman Kurt Schrader has provided the US flags. One certificate had a typo and will be replaced in time for the ceremony. Jerry Harchenko, USAF retired, will attend in uniform to present the flags to families of deceased pilots.
8. Steve Springer will provide a medley of military music in recognition of veterans present.
9. Taps will be played by S/Sgt. Dannielle Ritacco.
1. Small individual flags donated by Bob Zafran have been received. These will be passed out to the audience by the Boy Scouts and CAP.
2. Memorial US flags are folded and ready for presentation.
3. Planes for display – several will be available.
4. Fly-by of various aircraft led by Lynn McDonald. Pilots participating must attend pilot briefing prior to the flight held by Dave Martin at 10:00. Additional pilots may be recruited as needed.
5. All participants in the program are requested to arrive by 10:30.
6. Lunch at Nutsch Hangar: 100 folding chairs will be delivered Sunday afternoon.
7. The news release has been sent to papers and radio stations.
8. Volunteers for barracade placement and parking have been arranged.
9. Porta-potti (Marici Reid) and dumpster (Brandt’s Sanitation) will be ordered May 16.
10. Backup use of the EAA hangar is approved in case of inclimate weather.
11. Lawn mowing will be May 21 and 22 by ODA.
12. Barbe Park will be assisting in contacting family members to confirm attendance.
13. Ron Hanna has designated Patty Vaill, retired ATC, in case he is not able to attend.
14. Al Cleveland will raise the MIA flag on the restaurant flag pole at 8:00.