2014 7S5 Pilot Memorial Event, Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, 2014.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:00 pm
1. Introductions and purpose of meeting. Danny Jaffer, Chair
Attendees: Danny Jaffer, Robb Magi, Paul Gilman, Al Cleveland, Ken Hardwick, Andy Andersen, Margaret Cleveland
There were no introductions necessary at this meeting. The purpose of this meeting was to recap the 2014 planning and execution of the events.
2. Program Review (Recap)
It was agreed that the entire program was well received and well attended. There were about 250 total attendees. The weather cooperated.
There were several brainstorming ideas on how to improve the program for next year along with what went well this year. Here are the highlights of the discussion:
· Some attendees thought there was a charge for parking. Suggestion was to have a comment in the news release for next year that there is no charge for parking.
· New directional signs are needed.
· Remove flags with certificates for non-attendee honorees in the future to avoid confusion for presenters. Get firm commitments for attendees.
· Need radio contact with pilot lead on mission man formation to coordinate fly-over as phone contact was not reliable.
· A suggestion to have the missing man formation fly a cross field pattern direction over the field and crowd, then turn 90 degrees and down the runway to do the missing man fly over.
· Have multiple aircraft fly over prior to the program if the military are not available.
· Provide a microphone for the Scouts doing the Pledge of Allegiance.
· Stage the wreath closer or split the audience with a center aisle and bring the wreath up the center. Place the wreath off center of the podium. The new improved wreath stand was a very good asset.
· An advance letter sent to each honoree stating the information on the event with reserved parking.
· Seating labels to be larger font on colored paper with Cadets escorting honorees to seats. Seats to be decorated with ribbons or other markings to set them apart so that they are obviously not for general public seating.
3. Additional Discussion
No other discussion.
4. Next Meeting: January 21, 2015, 7:00 p.m.